Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Why Would You Want to Read This??

I really enjoy reading other people's blogs. I don't follow any blogs religiously, but I do like to search and scroll thorugh the odd blog when I have a few minutes to do so. It's intriguing in the sense that it's almost like going through someone's diary, or a private note that wasn't quite intended for you...or maybe I'm the only one who feels that way and now you're just thinking that I'm kind of weird :)

Blogging, however, does not appeal to me at all. I really don't know why anyone would want to read what I have to write. My life, really, is not especially unique in any sort of way. I'm very average (except in height: somewhat below average). So why am I doing this? I really don't have a clue. Let me sit on it for a few days (or a year because it has taken me a year to write a second post) and I'll get back to you.

Before I think too hard on it and possibly regret whatever I may write, I'll share a few updates since my last post for the 4 wonderful followers that I notice I have!

We've had a lot of changes this year. We've jumped over the city and settled in Okotoks. We bought a little veterinary clinic that Rick runs as sole practitioner. He absolutely loves working for himself and has a wonderful clientele. We've met some amazing people through the clinic! I've been doing the bookkeeping for the clinic which has been a lot of fun and keeps me busy enough with the little ones at home. Because of this, I am also able to stay home with the kids until I choose to go back to work. I feel SO blessed!! Ironically, when we were living in Cochrane, it was Foothills School Division that I worked with. Both Rick and I have lived in Okotoks before - even at the same time - but we didn't know each other then. Rick did an equine internship after graduating from university at Okotoks Animal Clinic and, when I finished university, Allie and I lived with my parents here the first year that I taught. We've come full circle!

We really miss all of our friends in Cochrane and the town itself, but Okotoks has been a really good move for us. One of my closest friends lives here and I love having the opportunity to do more with her and her family. We've met some great new people, especially through church, and there are a ton of great clubs and activities for the kids. I still have a scrapbook room (although smaller) and my treadmill now lives inside the house (not in the garage)!!

Do you feel like you are reading my dairy yet???

I'm going to set a tentative goal to give blogging a serious try. In fact, I'll even go so far to say that I will blog in the next few weeks (okay, maybe months) on the following topics:
* wheat gluten as an awesome tasty sustitute for meat (because you have taught me so much T, thank you!)
* sqare foot gardening (something else I recently learned about and love!)
* something undecided.

And if I still don't like blogging, that will be all!!

1 comment:

  1. I love blogging and reading blogs! If you blog, I will read!

    ReplyDelete